Thursday, February 10, 2011

Priestess of the Ridiculous

FACEPAINT!!!!!
 hahahahahahaha
So, this photograph, "Priestess of the Ridiculous" is commenting on religion. thats probably obvious to you arty nuts =)
this peice has come out of years of watching religion destroy people. Now, I am not against religion, i think it is a wonderful thing. the kindess and goodness that faith can inspire is a beautiful thing. What I am trying to comment on is when it is used as an excuse to do horible things, like bomb people, go to war ect. I have my own personal experiance, where and ex-boyfriend spent 4 years trying to win my heart and when he finally succeded, he broke it off, saying that "I have found God, and made my peace with him, and your conficting ideas, morals and sacriligious ways are a bad influence on the peace I have found."  You can then guess he hooked up with someone else.
But the main point of this piece is that, while faith and belief are good, not everything should be taken seriously, that there are some things that are probably not meant to be taken seriously, but are. which is Ridiculous.
Editing this piece was simple; slight darkening of the image, adding a blue tinge to the lighting, and creating an eerie eye, by making it bright blue, the using a brush in Photoshop Elements 7, using a transparent white to create an eerie lighting in the eye.
the original image looked like this
enjoy

xx
Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment