Saturday, May 9, 2015

"In the end"-some new stuff from artist Eating Strawberries






WOW, I have been away for such a long time! sorry strawberry-peeps.
I have still been art-ing, but i have also been working for the money to make such things, so my time is even more divided.
I have been working on a series called "In the end" which comes from "Gollum's song" for the Two Towers {Lord of the rings} with the line "And in the end I will be what I will be, no loyal friend was ever there for me", and it's about various ways in which woman are viewed in society, from lovers, to murderers, to sweet and loyal, to evil and promiscuous. It is also a series in which I have been taking a step back from my costume work and using the body as subject, both to clearly convey the female form in my work, and to explore the body as object, which is why all my series features my model, Bellatrix Immortal concealing her face.
As I have gotten older, I have found the gender equality gap become wider and more prominent, and I had to start using that in my work. {some of these images have been edited for facebook purposes as they have boobs in them! oh no!}

No comments:

Post a Comment