Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Never noticed how much facebook controls my day before...

Ah, life. That unforgiving, controlling necessity we all participate in.
And yet, Facebook is not really something that should control a life, and yet it really does.

I found myself this morning, faced with a strange blue screen asking me to confirm my identity. I was baffled; I hadn't spoken against anyone, any sexuality, any religion, I hadn't fought with someone or used strong language, and yet here I was, facing that screen of doom for anyone using an alter-ego; I had been reported as a fake account.
As one can assume, I was furious! I hadn't hurt anyone, it didn't stop others from interacting with me, and yet, here I was being forced to either provide details of my name, or lose my account in seven days.
Well, as you can imagine, I chose to provide "details" {cough cough} as no-one has any right to tell me that I don't exist, or that my name is acceptable!
But, this is nothing to the utter frustration of knowing it only took the facebook police two hours to take my account down after I was brought to their attention, but after twelve hours of waiting, I still haven't been allowed back onto the site. And that is what hit me the most; that I was so controlled by this site, that I had spent my whole day worrying about the fact that I couldn't get on.
Quite frankly, it's bizarre.

How is it, that our whole lives have become about scrolling the "newsfeed" and "likes"? I never noticed it until now, but we all do it now, a moment where we look at what others are doing, liking, saying.
Don't get me wrong, I will be back, and I will be just as addicted. But, I hope now, that I have had to deal with a whole day without my art friends, my models, and my admirers, that I can learn to go through my days without it.

And now to finish, here is some art.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment